Find Relief with Aquatic Therapy
At Bodyworks Physical Therapy, we understand that certain conditions and injuries respond best to treatment in a therapeutic water environment. That’s why we offer top-notch Aquatic Therapy services right here in Fargo. Our Aquatic Therapy, also known as water therapy or aquatic physical therapy, provides a safe and effective solution to improve movement, strength, and overall function.
How Aquatic Therapy Benefits You
Aquatic therapy uses buoyancy to support your weight, reducing the pain and stress placed on specific muscles and joints and enabling greater freedom. Warm water also allows muscles to relax and blood flow to be increased to injured areas. Aquatic therapy can also help you function at levels not possible on land, without the fear of falling, which affords physical gains and positive reinforcement.
Why Choose Bodyworks Physical Therapy
We are proud to introduce the state-of-the-art Hydroworx 350 Aquatic Therapy unit, the only one of its kind in North Dakota, to our new clinic in Fargo. The Hydroworx 350 is an above-ground glass-walled aquatic therapy machine with an underwater treadmill and is the only one of its kind in the state of North Dakota. This aquatic therapy unit allows for easy, ground-level patient access. As a patient, you simply walk into the unit, the warm water fills around you, and you are ready for aquatic therapy.
Who Can Benefit from Aquatic Therapy?
- Post-surgical patients – particularly orthopedic
- Prehabilitation patients (rehab before surgery)
- Aging Adults
- Athletes of all ages
- Patients with arthritis or chronic pain
- Patients with back pain
- Neurological patients or those recovering from a stroke
- Individuals looking to increase fitness levels
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy at Bodyworks Physical Therapy:
- Easy patient access with a ground-level aquatic therapy unit
- Accelerated post-surgical rehabilitation
- Reduced inflammation and pain relief
- Increased joint range of motion
- Enhanced mobility and improved muscle strength and flexibility
- Improved balance and coordination
- Effective training without straining joints
- Weightless environment for a pain-free way to exercise
Still have questions about how aquatic therapy works or if it’s the right option for you? Contact our team today to learn more and schedule your aquatic therapy session.
Bodyworks Physical Therapy is THE place to come if you’re looking for dedicated, caring, and expert therapists. They have everything you’d want a PT office to have PLUS a hydrotherapy unit which was phenomenal in helping me in my recovery.
Same Day and Next Day Appointments Available!
Request an Appointment Online or Contact the Clinic