At Bodyworks Physical Therapy, we know that certain conditions and injuries are best treated while you are in water maintained at therapeutic temperatures. Aquatic or water therapy provides a safe, effective environment to positively impact movement, strength, and function.
Aquatic therapy uses buoyancy to support your weight, reducing the pain and stress placed on specific muscles and joints and enabling greater freedom. Warm water also allows muscles to relax and blood flow to be increased to injured areas. Aquatic therapy can also help you function at levels not possible on land, without the fear of falling, which affords physical gains and positive reinforcement.
These are the reasons why Bodyworks Physical Therapy chose to bring a state-of-the-art aquatic therapy unit, Hydroworx 350, to Fargo. We are proud to offer Aquatic Therapy right onsite at our new clinic. The Hydroworx 350 is an above-ground glass-walled aquatic therapy machine with an underwater treadmill and is the only one of its kind in the state of North Dakota. This aquatic therapy unit allows for easy, ground- level patient access. As a patient, you simply walk into the unit, the warm water fills around you, and you are ready for aquatic therapy.
Who Can Benefit?
- Post-surgical patients – particularly orthopedic
- Prehabilitation patients (rehab before surgery)
- Aging Adults
- Athletes of all ages
- Patients with arthritis or chronic pain
- Patients with back pain
- Neurological patients or those recovering from a stroke
- Individuals looking to increase fitness levels
What Are the Benefits of Aquatic Therapy at Bodyworks?
- Easy patient access – ground level
- Accelerated post-surgical rehabilitation
- Reduced inflammation
- Increased joint range of motion
- Pain relief
- Enhanced mobility
- Improved muscle strength & flexibility
- Improved balance
- Effective training without straining joints
- Weightless environment for a pain-free way to exercise
Same Day and Next Day Appointments Available!
Request an Appointment Online or Contact the Clinic